Equine Tail Bags
What size tail bag should I order?
The sizing recommended truly depends on personal preference. If you are unsure of your horse's sizing, we always recommend ordering it larger as you can always tie a knot in the tail bag to shorten the length. We offer 5 unique sizes: Miniature Size, Pony Size, Large Pony Size, Horse Size, and Oversize. We also offer Mane bag Sizing in all of our styles.
What material are your tail bags made out of?
Most of our tail bags are made out of Premium Spandex and Lycra fabrics unless stated otherwise. We are currently working on an initiative to transform all of our available styles in the thicker Sport Lycra fabric.
How do I put in a tail bag?
Be sure to not tie the bag onto the tail bone as this can cause severe damage.
- Brush and divide the tail hair into 3 sections and braid the sections together to the end of the tail. Start braiding right where the Tail Bone ends.
- Once the braid is completed, put the braid inside the tail bag all the way to the bottom. If the tail is too long braided, you can fold it over gently as the Tail Bag will stretch.
- Take one of the Tail Bag's handles feed it through an opening in one of the braid sections, and pull it up to the base of the tail bone.
- Tie the Tail Bag's handles together in a double knot, bow, etc.
What are the benefits of tail bags?
- Protects your horse's tail from dirt, damage, breakage, and rubbing.
- Promotes healthy tail growth and shine.
- Easy to use with no special tools required.
- Keeps tail clean, tangle-free, and protected.
- Perfect to get your horse's tail ready for show season.
Why Tip The Tails Tail Bags?
- The highest quality tail bags with long ties, easy application, and a massive selection!
- Machine washable.
- Long 8-inch ties for easy application.
- Handmade with strong and reinforced seams that are built to last.
- Adorable and unique designs.
- Made with stretchy Spandex and Lycra fabrics (2-way and 4-way stretch).
- We do not use Velcro or other rough materials that could pull out hairs. Nor do we use fleece that could absorb the hair's natural moisture.
Our Other Equine Products
How many mane bags do I need?
The number of Mane Bags is a personal preference. Sometimes, our customers use just one or two for a quick spot-fix. If you are looking to cover the entire mane, we'd recommend 6-9 mane bags. However, more or less can be used depending on the desired result.
What are mane bags and why do I need them?
- Great for rebuilding areas of missing mane.
- Keeps your horse's mane off of their neck during hot summer months,
- All of the same benefits as tail bags!
What makes the Tip The Tails Detangler so special?
- Handmade with love using all-natural ingredients
- Great smell that lasts!
- Softens and smooths the hair to make it easier to brush.
- Helps prevent hair loss and breakage by reducing the amount of pulling required to remove knots and tangles.
- Repels dirt and dust, adds shine, and leaves horse's hair looking and smelling great!
Shipping & Returns
How long does shipping take?
We aim to ship all orders out 1-2 business days after the order is received. All bags are made to order and packaged carefully.
How do I track my order?
Tracking is provided via email after each order is fulfilled. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
Where do you ship to?
We ship all over the world! With over 6000 tail bag sales, we can be trusted with the safe handling and delivery of tail bags.